This week's news.............
Revival and Homecoming at Deer Park UMC
Deer Park United Methodist Church is having a Homecoming service on Sunday, August 9th at 11am. The Rev. George Weaver will be bringing the message. That evening through August 12th Revival services will begin with The Rev. Otis Lister as the guest pastor. All are invited to join them each night at 7pm for a wonderful time of renewal!
Resources offered through United Methodist Communications
United Methodist Communications has many forms of outreach resources for local churches this year. Here are a few of these offerings......
- LOW-COST DIRECT MAIL: Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for local churches to participate in a low-cost direct mail campaign for Back to School. Churches can place their orders HERE. Order deadline is Sept. 1.
- FREE DOORHANGERS: We have free customized door hangers (1 pkg. of 100 per church) available HERE. This offer is available until Dec. 1.
- FREE CUSTOMIZED TV SPOTS: Churches can also order free customized digital copies of our brand new “Church Can Happen Anywhere” TV spots HERE.
- FREE WORSHIP RESOURCES: A Sermon Starter, Bulletin Cover, Invitation Cards, Worship Slides and Social Media Items have been developed to match the new “Church Can Happen Anywhere” campaign. Download all items from the United Methodist Communications store for FREE HERE!
United Methodist Communications is also able to provide support in many different ways through resources, programs, training, and grants! Click here to find out more.
Upcoming Lay Servant Trainings Announced
- Montgomery-Prattville District - Basic and Advance Courses offered. August 14 - 15. Must register by August 7, 2015. Cost is $50 which includes books, snacks and meals. Click here to find more information and registration instructions.
- Marianna-Panama City District - Advanced Course: Leading Worship on August 15, 2015. Registration deadline is July 15th. Same training at two locations - Bonifay FUMC and Parker UMC in Panama City, FL. (pick most convenient to you) Registration fee $10. Coffee, water, snacks and a light lunch offered. Information for ordering text book will be sent upon registration. Click here for more information and registration instructions.
(Experiencing Hopefulness Amidst Life’s Experiences)
CONGREGATIONAL HEALTH PROGRAM/CENTER FOR FAITH AND HEALTH
What is EXHALE?
- A two-day conference July 31-August 1, 2015, on Samford’s campus featuring dynamic speakers, helpful programs, and care for those experiencing burnout in their lives.
- Features national speaker Dr. Scott Morris, M.D., M.Div., CEO of Church Health Center, Memphis, TN.
- Offers programs on self-care and harmony in caregiving.
- $50.00 for CE Credits (7.5 hours RN), $25.00 for laity, and $10.00 for students.
- SPACE IS LIMITED: Register EARLY
- CE’s provided for Registered Nurses, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- “The provider of this educational event has designed the program so that it may be considered by participants for use as continuing education to enhance the professional knowledge and pastoral competency of chaplains certified through the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc., an affiliate of the Association of Professional Chaplains.”
Revitalize your church with Disciple Fast Track!
For nearly thirty years, the original Disciple Bible Study has helped millions of people read through the Bible and grow in their faith through a 34-week class. The new Fast Track study leads groups through the Bible in a shortened, 24-week, 75-minute format while maintaining the integrity and principles of the original study. New, easy-to-use print and video materials and an online community give participants the tools to absorb and retain what they learn in this shortened format. Churches that participate in this year’s (2015) beta2 testing phase will receive the final, official-release materials at no additional cost in the summer of 2016.
Main features of Disciple Fast Track:
* Classes meet for a total of 24 weeks
* Each group session lasts 75 minutes
* Designed for Small Groups and Large Groups
* A new, user-friendly Leader Guide
* 24 new weekly Illustrated Review Videos
* 24 new Introductory Videos
* Illustrated Review Flash Cards
* Leader Online Training and Online Community
Learn more and sign up at: http://www.disciplefasttrack.com
Attention Pastors – Save these dates!
We have two important dates that our clergy need to place on their calendar:
- Pastor’s meeting on Thursday, July 30th at Crawford UMC- 7470 Moffett Road - 10am
- Pastor’s meeting and Clergy Family Fun Day & Picnic on Saturday, October 17th at Thornburg Lake – more information about this fun day will be coming soon!
Also, don’t forget that pastors meet for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel on Schillinger Road the first Wednesday of each month at 8am.
Job/Ministry Opportunities - Click Here
Second Sunday of Each Month - North Mobile District SINGSPIRATION
Clergy Coffee - First Wednesday of each month 8am – Cracker Barrel on Schillinger Road
July 16-17 – Beginning Pastor’s Workshop – Spring Hill College, Mobile
July 30 – Pastor’s meeting at Crawford UMC – 10am
August 10 - North Mobile Planning Council - 6:30pm
September 20 – UMW District Annual Day – Westside UMC
October 12 - North Mobile Planning Council - 6:30pm
October 17 – Pastor’s meeting and Clergy Family Fund Day & Picnic – Thornberg Lake
November 4 – North Mobile White Christmas Dinner – Ebenezer – 6pm
November 7 – UMW Executive Mission Team Meeting – Christ UMC
Local Church Dates
June 15 – July 24 – St. John UMC Summer Camp for ages 4-13 – call (910) 373-7913 for more details
July 20 – 24 – Vacation Bible School at Wilmer UMC
August 1 - Overlook Community Family Fun Day - St. John UMC - 10am-1pm
August 9 - Deer Park UMC Homecoming - George Weaver Speaker
August 9-12 - Deer Park UMC Revival - Otis Lister Speaker
October 19-21- Bethel UMC Revival – Speaker will be Darrel Brunson - 7pm
October 25 – Bethel UMC Homecoming – Speaker will be John Henry Baxter - 11am
July 31-1 – UMW Mission u - Dothan UMC
Oct 24 – UMW Conference Leadership Training and Annual Day
October 27-30 - Conference Prayer Shawl Retreat - Blue Lake Camp
FOR EVENT DETAILS & MORE click here to see
the AWFUMC online calendar!
To unsubscribe click here and type “unsubscribe” in the subject line before sending, thank you.
UMC Mobile District Office
6333 Piccadilly Sq Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
Office (251) 345-3313
Fax (251) 345-3315