This week's news............
Please keep the family of Glenys Mason in your prayers at her death on July 4, 2015. Glenys was an active member of St. John UMC. In addition to her many leadership rolls in the church she served as St. John's Lay Delegate to Annual Conference for many years and has been serving as a member of the District Committee on Ministry since 2013. Click here to find her obituary.
North Mobile SINGSPIRATION is this Sunday!
The churches of the North Mobile District gather the second Sunday of each month at 6pm for SINGSPIRATION! This is an entire service of music! Special musical offerings are provided by the host church and a time of food and fellowship follows the service. The next SINGSPIRATION will be this Sunday July, 12, hosted by McIntosh UMC. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful time of worship and fellowship!!
Upcoming Lay Servant Trainings Announced
Montgomery-Prattville District - Basic and Advance Courses offered. August 14 - 15. Must register by August 7, 2015. Cost is $50 which includes books, snacks and meals. Click here to find more information and registration instructions.
- Marianna-Panama City District - Advanced Course: Leading Worship on August 15, 2015. Registration deadline is July 15th. Same training at two locations - Bonifay FUMC and Parker UMC in Panama City, FL. (pick most convenient to you) Registration fee $10. Coffee, water, snacks and a light lunch offered. Information for ordering text book will be sent upon registration. Click here for more information and registration instructions.
(Experiencing Hopefulness Amidst Life’s Experiences)
CONGREGATIONAL HEALTH PROGRAM/CENTER FOR FAITH AND HEALTH
What is EXHALE?
- A two-day conference July 31-August 1, 2015, on Samford’s campus featuring dynamic speakers, helpful programs, and care for those experiencing burnout in their lives.
- Features national speaker Dr. Scott Morris, M.D., M.Div., CEO of Church Health Center, Memphis, TN.
- Offers programs on self-care and harmony in caregiving.
- $50.00 for CE Credits (7.5 hours RN), $25.00 for laity, and $10.00 for students.
- SPACE IS LIMITED: Register EARLY
- CE’s provided for Registered Nurses, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- “The provider of this educational event has designed the program so that it may be considered by participants for use as continuing education to enhance the professional knowledge and pastoral competency of chaplains certified through the Board of Chaplaincy Certification Inc., an affiliate of the Association of Professional Chaplains.”
Sponsor an Open Doors Sunday
Open Doors Resale Store has operated from its present location on Highway 90 for almost two full years. Prayer, faith and hard work on the part of many have gotten us to this point. So many in our district have generously donated their time and items that have led to this successful endeavor. Please help us to continue to spread the word in one or more of the following ways.
- First, click the following links to find a poster and bulletin insert and on Sunday, July 12 (or another time that fits your church calendar) please post the flyer on church bulletin boards and/or use the bulletin insert to share information about Open Doors. Flyer - Bulletin Insert
- Second, we have several people that would be willing and happy to come to your church or meeting to talk about Open Doors.
- Third, come and visit us. We would be happy to show you around the store (if you've not already been by), and share with you how we operate.
Open Doors has benefited from a lot of free publicity over the last few weeks. We were voted by Lagniappe as one of the top six thrift stores in Mobile/Baldwin counties. You can go to Lagniappemobile.com and vote for us to help us be number 1! Second, we were featured on Channel 5 several times. Both of these things have served to help get the word out.
Thank you to everyone for your generosity and support!
Open Doors Resale Store Staff and Volunteers
Revitalize your church with Disciple Fast Track!
For nearly thirty years, the original Disciple Bible Study has helped millions of people read through the Bible and grow in their faith through a 34-week class. The new Fast Track study leads groups through the Bible in a shortened, 24-week, 75-minute format while maintaining the integrity and principles of the original study. New, easy-to-use print and video materials and an online community give participants the tools to absorb and retain what they learn in this shortened format. Churches that participate in this year’s (2015) beta2 testing phase will receive the final, official-release materials at no additional cost in the summer of 2016.
Main features of Disciple Fast Track:
* Classes meet for a total of 24 weeks
* Each group session lasts 75 minutes
* Designed for Small Groups and Large Groups
* A new, user-friendly Leader Guide
* 24 new weekly Illustrated Review Videos
* 24 new Introductory Videos
* Illustrated Review Flash Cards
* Leader Online Training and Online Community
Learn more and sign up at: http://www.disciplefasttrack.com.
Attention Pastors – Save these dates!
We have two important dates that our clergy need to place on their calendar:
- Pastor’s meeting on Thursday, July 30th at Crawford UMC- 7470 Moffett Road - 10am
- Pastor’s meeting and Clergy Family Fun Day & Picnic on Saturday, October 17th at Thornburg Lake – more information about this fun day will be coming soon!
Also, don’t forget that pastors meet for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel on Schillinger Road the first Wednesday of each month at 8am.
Job/Ministry Opportunities - Click Here
Want to be in the know about upcoming United Methodist events and educational opportunities?
Click here to see whats going on at UMC.org!
Second Sunday of Each Month - North Mobile District SINGSPIRATION
Clergy Coffee - First Wednesday of each month 8am – Cracker Barrel on Schillinger Road
July 5 – First Sunday in Pulpit for Moving Pastors
July 16-17 – Beginning Pastor’s Workshop – Spring Hill College, Mobile
July 30 – Pastor’s meeting at Crawford UMC – 10am
August 10 - North Mobile Planning Council - 6:30pm
September 20 – UMW District Annual Day – Westside UMC
October 12 - North Mobile Planning Council - 6:30pm
October 17 – Pastor’s meeting and Clergy Family Fund Day & Picnic – Thornberg Lake
November 4 – North Mobile White Christmas Dinner – Ebenezer – 6pm
November 7 – UMW Executive Mission Team Meeting – Christ UMC
Local Church Dates
June 15 – July 24 – St. John UMC Summer Camp for ages 4-13 – call (910) 373-7913 for more details
July 20 – 24 – Vacation Bible School at Wilmer UMC
August 1 - Overlook Community Family Fun Day - St. John UMC - 10am-1pm
August 9 - Deer Park UMC Homecoming - George Weaver Speaker
August 9-12 - Deer Park UMC Revival
October 19-21- Bethel UMC Revival – Speaker will be Darrel Brunson - 7pm
October 25 – Bethel UMC Homecoming – Speaker will be John Henry Baxter - 11am
July 5 – First Sunday in Pulpit for Moving Pastors
July 31-1 – UMW Mission u - Dothan UMC
Oct 24 – UMW Conference Leadership Training and Annual Day
October 27-30 - Conference Prayer Shawl Retreat - Blue Lake Camp
FOR EVENT DETAILS & MORE go to out the
AWFUMC online calendar
To unsubscribe click here and type “unsubscribe” in the subject line before sending, thank you.
UMC Mobile District Office
6333 Piccadilly Sq Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
Office (251) 345-3313
Fax (251) 345-3315